Friday, October 22, 2004

Friday - the day off

Maybe you don't know, but ministers actually DO work. It may not be shoveling dirt, dreaming up new architecture or governing a nation, but we are pretty busy. Sure there are those that get by as slackers in ministry (most of those are PULPIT guys, not youth ministers). In fact, most youth ministers I know work just about as hard as anyone. I did a review of my hours recently and figured out that my average work week doing ministry is about 75 hours per week. WOW! That is freaky on one hand, but when you realize that your entire life (whether you get paid or not) should be 100% ministry. I guess I'm a slacker!

We have started moving stuff back into our basement from the flood we came home to in August. We have new carpet and a new desk for the office which is nice. I'm so far behind in my homework for graduate school. I need to catch up, and a good place to study will help out.

Well tomorrow is the OU vs. Kansas game, 10 AM on Fox Sports Net. I can't wait to watch the thrashing. How unfair is it that OU is number 3 in the BCS? PLEASE let's go to a playoff system NCAA! You guys have to be smart enough to realize how much money you can make off it... and in my opinion, it will help ALL the bowls make more money, especially the second tier bowls. I rant on...

So hey, make some comments to my blog! I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: