Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A New Beginning....

As you might know, I'm making a move from the Littleton church to the West-Ark church in Fort Smith, AR at the end of 2008. I greatly value you as a friend and as someone I greatly respect in youth ministry.

Even though I am an "old dog", I know I don't have all knowledge of everything that "works" in youth ministry. I want to learn what you are doing... what you are thinking. What I'd like to ask of you is this... what unique thoughts do you have about your youth ministry? What are some creative things that you've done (or are thinking about doing) in your youth ministry? What advice would you give me, knowing that I've been doing this a long time (and hope to continue to) and am going from one place after 7 years to another that I hope is at least this long?

You have three choices in response to this/these requests... you can reply to this message with your replies, you can post it to my blog at http://rickmon.blogspot.com/ or, you can call me and talk in person on my cell phone at 303-618-9585 or we can talk at NCYM.

What do you say??

2 comments:

Sammie said...

Keep on doing what you do Rick. Your unconditional love for teens is what drew me in in the first place, and is the inspiration for me being in youth ministry today. I'm not in a position where I can be very creative right now, and I learned everything from you and John anyway, so the only advice I can really offer is keep it up. You're still my hero.

ymbuddy said...

Keep getting older ... the alternative is permanent. Be intimate with your wife as often as you can remember her name. Spend more than half of the money you've saved, ... that's a good example to your kids so that they don't give to much to their children (learned that from Donald Trump). Leave a legacy, instead of an inheritance.

As far as ministry, ... you should read the book entitled, Youth Ministry for Dummies, by Dudley Chancey, foreword by Robert Oglesby.

Peace,
Mills